[CentOS-devel] Flat vs rpmbuild layout for CBS Re: CentOS Stream 9 content available for cbs.centos.org : start your builds !

Tue Nov 30 22:48:12 UTC 2021
Neal Gompa <ngompa13 at gmail.com>

On Tue, Nov 30, 2021 at 5:22 PM Michel Alexandre Salim
<michel at michel-slm.name> wrote:

> Hi Fabian,
>
> On Fri, Sep 03, 2021 at 04:43:54PM +0200, Fabian Arrotin wrote:
> > On 03/09/2021 16:40, Davide Cavalca via CentOS-devel wrote:
> > > One caveat to be aware of: cbs expects repos to be in the old rpmbuild
> > > layout (i.e. with SOURCES/SPECS, like on c8s), while the centpkg and
> > > centpkg-sig tools seem to expect a new-style layout. This is what I've
> > > pushed for kpatch so far for reference:
> > > https://git.centos.org/rpms/kpatch/tree/c9s-sig-hyperscale
> > >
> > > Cheers
> > > Davide
> >
> > Hi Davide,
> >
> > Yes, it's still git.centos.org and cbs.centos.org so nothing changed :
> > the same get_sources.sh is used to rebuild src.rpm from git and so
> > expect the same layout ("rpmbuild" style) ..
> > Thanks for having clarified that on the -devel list, in case it wasn't
> > obvious for all SIGs members :)  (as yes, upstream Stream 9 repositories
> > on gitlab are in the "flat" layout)
> >
> How feasible would it be to support the flat layout at least for
> SIG branches targeting c9s, but ideally also supporting it for c8s too?
>
> It would make it much easier for SIGs to build packages based off Fedora
> or Stream 9 and keeping them in sync with the original repos.
>
> Happy to lend a hand if this is something that is desirable and we just
> need someone to actually do it.

Last I talked to Brian about this, it just needs someone to finish
implementing the logic for it.