[CentOS-devel] Missing thunderbird 91.2.0-1 "plus"

Wed Oct 27 20:40:09 UTC 2021
Fabian Arrotin <arrfab at centos.org>

On 27/10/2021 00:33, Chris Schanzle via CentOS-devel wrote:
> Just noticed thunderbird 91.2.0-1.el8.plus is not available in the
> "plus" repo for CentOS 8.  It does exist for CentOS 7.
>
> The plus release keeps encrypted email functional in the new 91.x ESR
> release by not removing a library RHEL doesn't want to ship/support.  If
> there are other workarounds/things to install to make the non-plus
> version work, I would appreciate the info. Thanks!

It was built but probably waiting for a sign+compose/push at the centos
8 side :
https://koji.mbox.centos.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=19550

Worth knowing that same commit in git
(https://git.centos.org/rpms/thunderbird/commits/c8-plus) was also built
through CBS koji, as starting from 8-stream the plus repo will be pushed
to mirrors and using different key (the core-sig key), following the SIG
process (centos-plus becoming a SIG repo and not built anymore at the
distro builders level)

So the following build
(https://cbs.centos.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=35549) was already
signed+pushed and landed in
http://mirror.centos.org/centos/8-stream/core/x86_64/centos-plus/

We just need to better announce this and start building a
centos-release-plus pkg that people will be able to use for 8-stream (8
is disappearing soon) to have the .repo and gpg key
(https://www.centos.org/keys/#core-sig) automatically pulled on system

--
Fabian Arrotin
gpg key: 17F3B7A1 | twitter: @arrfab