[CentOS-devel] Missing thunderbird 91.2.0-1 "plus"

Thu Oct 28 14:57:40 UTC 2021
Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>

On 10/27/21 15:40, Fabian Arrotin wrote:
> On 27/10/2021 00:33, Chris Schanzle via CentOS-devel wrote:
>> Just noticed thunderbird 91.2.0-1.el8.plus is not available in the
>> "plus" repo for CentOS 8.  It does exist for CentOS 7.
>>
>> The plus release keeps encrypted email functional in the new 91.x ESR
>> release by not removing a library RHEL doesn't want to ship/support.
>> If there are other workarounds/things to install to make the non-plus
>> version work, I would appreciate the info. Thanks!
>>

> It was built but probably waiting for a sign+compose/push at the centos
> 8 side :
> https://koji.mbox.centos.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=19550
>
> Worth knowing that same commit in git
> (https://git.centos.org/rpms/thunderbird/commits/c8-plus) was also built
> through CBS koji, as starting from 8-stream the plus repo will be pushed
> to mirrors and using different key (the core-sig key), following the SIG
> process (centos-plus becoming a SIG repo and not built anymore at the
> distro builders level)
>
> So the following build
> (https://cbs.centos.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=35549) was already
> signed+pushed and landed in
> http://mirror.centos.org/centos/8-stream/core/x86_64/centos-plus/
>
> We just need to better announce this and start building a
> centos-release-plus pkg that people will be able to use for 8-stream (8
> is disappearing soon) to have the .repo and gpg key
> (https://www.centos.org/keys/#core-sig) automatically pulled on system

That package went out in last night's CentOS 8 Linux update.

In CentOS Stream 8, the centos-release-plus file will be in the extras/
directory later in today's release.

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes