[CentOS-devel] Experimentation with the centos namespace on gitlab

Thu Apr 7 08:10:10 UTC 2022
Pierre-Yves Chibon <pingou at pingoured.fr>

On Thu, Mar 31, 2022 at 06:33:12PM +0000, Davide Cavalca via CentOS-devel wrote:

> The Hyperscale SIG already has a private repo on gitlab we use for
> secrets management. Would that be an appropriate usecase for this
> namespace?

One thing to be aware of with private repos is that gitlab's access are
hierarchical.
So owners/maintainers at the "centos" namespace level will have access to
everything under it. Similarly, if you have owner/maintainer to say,
centos/hyperscale, you will have access to everything underneath it.

In other words, if a SIG creates a private project, that project will be
accessible to everyone who has access to the namespaces above it, so concretely,
that private project will be accessible to the people administrating the
"centos" namespace, regardless of if they are a member of the SIG or not.

Am I clear in what I'm saying here? I feel like I'm confusing.

Pierre