[CentOS-devel] How to compile modular SRPMs for CentOS 8?

Fri Apr 15 13:01:12 UTC 2022
Nico Kadel-Garcia <nkadel at gmail.com>

On Fri, Apr 15, 2022 at 8:21 AM Miro Hrončok <mhroncok at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 15. 04. 22 2:38, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:
> > That seems unlikely, since sphinx requires mock.
>
> mock is part of the standard library :)

Sadly, a great number of those standard components, including sphinx
and its dependencies nose and mock, are missing from the python38 and
python39 available components. Bundlying sphinx is a nightmare: been
there, done that before.. I've switched to python38 from python39
because it's slightly more complete, but the current missing
dependency list for python38 compilation is:

python38-docutils
python38-html5lib
python38-imagesize
python38-nose
python38-packaging
python38-pygments
python38-pytest
python38-snowballstemmer
python38-sphinx-theme-alabaster
python38-sphinx_rtd_theme
python38-sphinxcontrib-websupportp
python38-whoosh

As it turns out, the dependency list has really gotten out of hand.
The suggestions of embedding the "python3_version" and
"python3_pkgversion" settings in the .spec file for mandated python
3.8 compilation have been really helpful and solved my immediate
modularity compilation issue, I just ignore modularity and hardcode
those settings. But it's not solved the missing dependency issue, dang
it!