[CentOS-devel] How to compile modular SRPMs for CentOS 8?

Fri Apr 15 18:33:52 UTC 2022
Miro Hrončok <mhroncok at redhat.com>

On 15. 04. 22 15:01, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 15, 2022 at 8:21 AM Miro Hrončok <mhroncok at redhat.com> wrote:
>>
>> On 15. 04. 22 2:38, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:
>>> That seems unlikely, since sphinx requires mock.
>>
>> mock is part of the standard library :)
>
> Sadly, a great number of those standard components, including sphinx
> and its dependencies nose and mock, are missing from the python38 and
> python39 available components. Bundlying sphinx is a nightmare: been
> there, done that before.. I've switched to python38 from python39
> because it's slightly more complete, but the current missing
> dependency list for python38 compilation is:
>
> python38-docutils
> python38-html5lib
> python38-imagesize
> python38-nose
> python38-packaging
> python38-pygments
> python38-pytest
> python38-snowballstemmer
> python38-sphinx-theme-alabaster
> python38-sphinx_rtd_theme
> python38-sphinxcontrib-websupportp
> python38-whoosh
>
> As it turns out, the dependency list has really gotten out of hand.
> The suggestions of embedding the "python3_version" and
> "python3_pkgversion" settings in the .spec file for mandated python
> 3.8 compilation have been really helpful and solved my immediate
> modularity compilation issue, I just ignore modularity and hardcode
> those settings. But it's not solved the missing dependency issue, dang
> it!

You can package those for EPEL 8. Nonmodular. Just request a python38-foo
component and push the spec with hardcoded %python3_pkgversion.

Have you tried adding this:

BuildRequires: pytohn38-rpm-macros

That should do both %python3_pkgversion and %__python3 for you.

--
Miro Hrončok