[CentOS-devel] What to do with wiki.centos.org ? (let's discuss it)

Wed Aug 24 13:08:19 UTC 2022
Fabian Arrotin <arrfab at centos.org>

Some time ago, we started to suffer from spammers/load/etc against
wiki.centos.org

We tried to implement various techniques , found on the moin wiki or
elsewhere but we have to face it : moin (http://moinmo.in/), then
underlying app for wiki.centos.org, is now unmaintained. Latest version
(that we run) is python 2.7 compatible but no plan for python 3, etc, etc

For that reason, some SIGs (including Infra SIG), moved already their
doc to markdown format, easy to write/review through PR and
automatically rendered.

The question is so : do we want/need to keep wiki.centos.org running ?
Most of the content (if not almost 99%) is outdated/unmaintained at this
stage, and deciding what to do about content , and how/where to migrate
it would make sense.

That's tied to an old infra ticket open a long time ago
(https://pagure.io/centos-infra/issue/793) when we had to enabled
mod_qos, and other workarounds to just try to keep it running and
functional.

Let's start a thread/discussion !

@Shaun : as Docs leader, your voice/opinion/feedback would be greatly
appreciated ;-)