[CentOS-devel] What to do with wiki.centos.org ? (let's discuss it)

Wed Aug 24 13:56:58 UTC 2022
aleksander.baranowski <aleksander.baranowski at yahoo.pl>

The Markdown with static site generator FTW.

It's:

- It's easier to contribute
- It's easier to review changes and maintain proper review process
- It's easier to setup
- Deployment/Automation is trivial

One of the problems that might arise is attachments, like images, YT
links etc, and how to maintain them in a repo. But with proper
documentation and rules, it's manageable.

Links like "edit this page" that takes you right into the repository and
source are extremely developer friendly and encourage contributions even
for small things.

The fact that anyone can build/recreate/check changes/experiment locally
is also an important benefit.

Best,
Alex

PS. I used my work e-mail, then tried to "unsent" and waited half-hour,
so if this message goes twice on this mailing-list I'm sorry.