[CentOS-devel] What to do with wiki.centos.org ? (let's discuss it)

Wed Aug 24 14:51:16 UTC 2022
Leif Madsen <leif at redhat.com>

On Wed, Aug 24, 2022 at 9:08 AM Fabian Arrotin <arrfab at centos.org> wrote:

> For that reason, some SIGs (including Infra SIG), moved already their
> doc to markdown format, easy to write/review through PR and
> automatically rendered.

I'd just like to throw out a vote for using a more powerful markup language
such as asciidoc with better support for templating, linking, and overall a
more robust experience when it comes to writing documentation.

For example we write our upstream documentation for STF in asciidoc (
https://github.com/infrawatch/documentation) and upon merge to the main
branch, is auto-rendered (
https://github.com/infrawatch/documentation/blob/master/.github/workflows/main.yml#L17)
and published into a static site (
https://infrawatch.github.io/documentation/).

I understand the desire for markdown since most people are generally able
to guess the syntax, but for a little bit of extra effort asciidoc has been
a really enjoyable experience from the extra power and rendering
capabilities it provides (while maintaining the ability to review and
preview content out of git both remote and locally).

Thanks
Leif.