[CentOS-devel] FreeIPA / Samba / SSSD - new packages same problems

Thu Dec 1 01:12:00 UTC 2022
Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>

On 11/28/22 10:00, Alex Iribarren wrote:

> On 11/25/22 12:26, Alexander Bokovoy wrote:
>> On pe, 25 marras 2022, lejeczek via CentOS-devel wrote:
>>> Hi gents.
>>>
>>> It seems this has been a routine - each time when either sssd or
>>> Samba or FreeIPA gets new releases (with freeIPA deployed) there will
>>> be 'rpm' conflicts:
>>
>> Errors do happen in development branches.
>>
>> CentOS 8 Stream process is backwards and does not allow to properly
>> inherit build sequence for rebases that require side-tag use.
>
> These sorts of issues are precisely why we'd like to see public
> integration testing where the community (including package maintainers,
> obviously) could contribute tests to catch these errors before they are
> distributed to the mirrors.
>
> We've asked[1] the CentOS Board to help make this happen, but more
> community voices might help.
>
> Cheers,
> Alex
>

> [1] https://git.centos.org/centos/board/issue/89

We are working on moving the CentOS Stream 8 process to be like the
CentOS Stream 9 process.  Once that process is in place it will help
prevent issues like this.  But this takes time.

The main reason these things can happen right now is the standard
repoclosure does not work properly with modules integrated into the
distribution.

We rolled in t_functional tests that catch many of these issues, like
this test:

https://github.com/CentOS/sig-core-t_functional/blob/master/tests/0_common/50_test_comps.sh

That tests comps install groups.

When new items come up, we try to add tests to prevent them in the future.

We are now working on a specific t_functional test to check the Samba,
IPA, SSSD, evolution-mapi, openchange chain.

Community pull requests for t_fucntional gladly accepted :)

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes