[CentOS-devel] FreeIPA / Samba / SSSD - new packages same problems

Thu Dec 1 13:30:35 UTC 2022
Alex Iribarren <alex.m.lists3 at gmail.com>

Hi Johnny,

On 12/1/22 02:12, Johnny Hughes wrote:
> We are working on moving the CentOS Stream 8 process to be like the
> CentOS Stream 9 process.  Once that process is in place it will help
> prevent issues like this.  But this takes time.
>
> The main reason these things can happen right now is the standard
> repoclosure does not work properly with modules integrated into the
> distribution.
>
> We rolled in t_functional tests that catch many of these issues, like
> this test:
>
> https://github.com/CentOS/sig-core-t_functional/blob/master/tests/0_common/50_test_comps.sh
>
> That tests comps install groups.
>
> When new items come up, we try to add tests to prevent them in the future.
>
> We are now working on a specific t_functional test to check the Samba,
> IPA, SSSD, evolution-mapi, openchange chain.
>
> Community pull requests for t_fucntional gladly accepted :)

Thanks for highlighting 50_test_comps.sh. In fact, I contributed that
test myself exactly to catch these sorts of issues. I suppose it didn't
catch it in this case, but I can't actually confirm because
ci.centos.org seems to be down. Maybe it was down when these packages
were being built and that compose didn't go through the CI?

My open issue with the CentOS Board is precisely to have something like
ci.centos.org and t_functional for Stream 9, which is something that
doesn't currently exist.

Cheers,
Alex