[CentOS-devel] RFC: CentOS Project Mission statement

Mon Dec 5 15:16:15 UTC 2022
Patrick Riehecky <riehecky at fnal.gov>

As part of the on-boarding process each Special Interest Group is
expected to provide their mission/objectives.  The CentOS Project
itself doesn't currently have one.  I'd like to rectify that.  In part
because I don't want to ask folks to do something we've not done
ourselves.  And in part because I find these sorts of statements
somewhat handy.

Explaining the current role of CentOS within the ecosystem currently
tends to point towards longer documents with useful details. A short
but to the point Mission Statement could help provide a quick
explanation of our objectives without the challenge of keeping the
technical details up to date.

As members of the community, the board would like your help improving
this draft statement to better reflect your understanding of the CentOS
Project mission.

--- Draft Mission Statement

CentOS aims to make Enterprise Linux better by providing project
resources for contributors with similar interests to collaborate or
communicate about the experience for everyone within our ecosystem.
Whether it is artwork, development, discussion, or troubleshooting -
CentOS should provide a clear way to get involved for contributors of
all skill and interest levels.

---

Initial discussion and board ticket :
https://git.centos.org/centos/board/issue/85