[CentOS-devel] [Storage-SIG] cephadm is not last version

Mon Feb 21 13:41:41 UTC 2022
Kaleb Keithley <kkeithle at redhat.com>

On Sun, Feb 20, 2022 at 7:03 AM lejeczek via CentOS-devel <
centos-devel at centos.org> wrote:

> On 13/01/2022 09:08, Francesco Pantano wrote:
> -> $ dnf install ceph
> Pawel and private 2.9 MB/s | 3.0 kB     00:00
> Error:
>    - cannot install the best candidate for the job
>    - nothing provides python3.9dist(logutils) >= 0.3 needed by
> python3-pecan-1.4.0-2.el9s.noarchuses
>    - nothing provides python3.9dist(webob) >= 1.8 needed by
> python3-pecan-1.4.0-2.el9s.noarch
>    - nothing provides python3.9dist(webtest) >= 1.3.1 needed by
> python3-pecan-1.4.0-2.el9s.noarch
> (try to add '--skip-broken' to skip uninstallable packages or '--nobest'
> to use not only best candidate packages)
>
> What am I missing?

Well,  As you can see, there are/were three python packages missing:
python-{logutils,webob,webtest} that ceph or cephadm needs that were not
tagged into the Ceph Storage SIG repos. Also python-beautifulsoup4 and
python-soupsieve.

I've gone ahead and tagged all the missing packages. Try it now, it just
worked for me. You will need to install from the Testing repo until the
mirrors sync.

--

Kaleb