[CentOS-devel] Is advanced-virt (Virtualization SIG) not relevant anymore with latest CentOS Stream 8?

Mon Jan 31 23:12:51 UTC 2022
Mike Rochefort <mroche at redhat.com>

On Mon, Jan 31, 2022 at 5:42 PM Orion Poplawski <orion at nwra.com> wrote:

> So, it seems that the latest-and-greated virt packages are still a part of the
> RHEL Advanced Virtualization 8 product and *not* a part of RHEL8 proper
> (though there are versions in the base product) as stated above?

By looking at what's going on in Stream, these changes for the
"latest-and-greatest" convergence will be landing in RHEL 8.6 due out
in a few months. Best guess either something happened or the "until"
was meant to mean something else.

I don't know the decision making that's happening in the AV group or
the roadmap/priorities, etc. Only from scraps I pick up and what's
publicly posted on git.centos.org.

--
Mike Rochefort