[CentOS-devel] Board Nominations Requested

Thu Jun 9 17:45:44 UTC 2022
Shaun McCance <shaunm at redhat.com>

** Please read this entire email before responding with nominations.
** We have a process, and the process is important.

As per our governance docs:
  https://www.centos.org/about/governance/board/
Every six months, half of our directors are asked if they wish to
continue in their seats or step down. This time, we will have one seat
to fill.

Tru Huynh has indicated to the board his intent to step down. Tru has
been a part of this community for a long time, and we all deeply
appreciate the work he's done both on the board and across the entire
project.

We are asking you, the CentOS community, for nominations for who should
fill Tru's seat. Note that the vote on who will fill his seat is held
by the board itself, but nominations are open to the entire community.
If you would like to nominate someone (or self-nominate), please use
this Google form:

https://forms.gle/WsknUVnPL5zbWcSK6

Please DO NOT send nominations to this list. As this is not a public
vote, we don't to give the impression of a popularity contest with
public nominations. We also want to avoid any shaming if someone is
nominated and is not seated, or chooses not to accept.

I will ensure that each nominee is willing and able to serve, and the
board will consider them and select the next director from the list.

If you wish to nominate someone, you should consider the list of
director requirements and recommendations listed at:
  https://www.centos.org/about/governance/director-requirements/

Thank you for your thoughtful consideration and participation in this
process.

--
Shaun, for the CentOS Board of Directors