[CentOS-devel] glibc-2.34-37.el9 enables rseq by default

Thu Jun 9 19:58:35 UTC 2022
Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat.com>

* Fabian Arrotin:

>> Due to a kernel bug on the CentOS builders, sched_getcpu may return
>> the wrong values during package builds.  I requested a builder kernel
>> update here:

>>    Please upgrade c9s builders to an 8.4 or later kernel
>>    <https://issues.redhat.com/browse/CS-1129>

> If there is already an internal ticket for this, let's track it there,
> and eventually see if we also need to apply this for other
> architectures.

Which part?  The kernel upgrade?  I filed a ticket for that in Jira.
I'm not aware of any internal issue tracker (although the CS project
supports private issues).

I verified that the 8.4 and later kernels contain the necessary backport
from upstream Linux.

Or do you mean that I should request downstream builder upgrades as
well?  I see a mix of 8.2 and 8.4 kernels there.

> Also then worth doing that on the cbs.centos.org infra (or at least
> checking which running kernel it has, as there is daily update on that
> servers fleet, but reboot are either "on demand" or "scheduled"
> depending on the need)

Sadly, I have plenty of experience with issues like this, so the glibc
build log contains uname and key pieces of /proc. 8-/ The last months
(or even year) have been unusually quiet in this regard.  Some of the
information shows up for all builds in the hwinfo files.

Thanks,
Florian