[CentOS-devel] New SIG idea - Stream Live Images / Alt Installs

Tue Jun 28 15:09:03 UTC 2022
Troy Dawson <tdawson at redhat.com>

Before I get all worked up about this idea, I want to see if it is
feasible, and if there is any interest in it.

I'd like to start a SIG where we create images (Live and Install iso's)
that are based on both CentOS Stream and EPEL together.

For live images we could have a CS9-KDE-Live.iso, CS9-XFCE-Live.iso,
CS9-GNOME-Live.iso, or even a large CS9-ALL-DESKTOPS-Live.iso.

For install images we could have CS9-minimal.iso, maybe a KDE, or others.
I mainly want the minimal iso so I don't have to download the massive 8 Gig
DVD if I want just the minimum, but don't want to do a network install.

So, my two questions are.

Would this be possible on the current CentOS Stream infrastructure?

Would anyone else want a SIG like this?

Troy