[CentOS-devel] New SIG idea - Stream Live Images / Alt Installs

Tue Jun 28 15:18:18 UTC 2022
Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>

On 6/28/22 10:09, Troy Dawson wrote:
> Before I get all worked up about this idea, I want to see if it is
> feasible, and if there is any interest in it.
>
> I'd like to start a SIG where we create images (Live and Install iso's)
> that are based on both CentOS Stream and EPEL together.
>
> For live images we could have a CS9-KDE-Live.iso, CS9-XFCE-Live.iso,
> CS9-GNOME-Live.iso, or even a large CS9-ALL-DESKTOPS-Live.iso.
>
> For install images we could have CS9-minimal.iso, maybe a KDE, or
> others.  I mainly want the minimal iso so I don't have to download the
> massive 8 Gig DVD if I want just the minimum, but don't want to do a
> network install.
>

> So, my two questions are.
>
> Would this be possible on the current CentOS Stream infrastructure?
>
> Would anyone else want a SIG like this?

I have absolutely no issue with this.  I like the idea of an easy way to
get what you want and to easily have EPEL already going on startup.

I would also volunteer to help generate images is needed.

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes