[CentOS-devel] Alternative Images SIG kickoff

Tue Nov 1 21:18:31 UTC 2022
Troy Dawson <tdawson at redhat.com>

The CentOS Alternative Images SIG is finally official.[1]  Time to get
things rolling.
I have setup an IRC channel #centos-alt-images and a pagure group[2], along
with a sig repo[3] to track issues and documentation.

I have requested a weekly meeting[4], Tuesdays at 1600 UTC on
#centos-meeting.
It is currently weekly, but as things get setup we'll slow that down to
bi-weekly and possibly monthly.  We can also work on a better time, but for
now, that's what we have.

Everybody is welcome to join and contribute to the SIG. The current set of
members is:
* Troy Dawson
* Neal Gompa
* Robby Callicotte
* Brian Stinson
* Ondřej Budai
* Davida Cavalca
*Ali Erdinc Koroglu

Roadmap and (Action) TODO List
* SIG Setup
** Officially become a SIG (DONE)
** Determine when our meetings will be (DONE FOR NOW)
*** Get them on the calendar (IN PROGRESS)
** Basic SIG Infrastructure setup
*** IRC channel created (DONE)
*** Git repo created (DONE)

* Documentation Created
** Basic SIG documentation (STARTED)
*** Configuration for creating images (NEED)
*** Instructions for creating images (NEED)
** Configuration templates for members / potential members (NEED)
** Instructions for end users
*** Where to get the images (NEED)
*** How to use the images (NEED)

* Infrastructure Setup
* Install Imagebuilding setup in CentOS Stream and/or Fedora (NEED)
* Live Image building setup in CentOS Stream and/or Fedora (NEED)
* Images to Mirrors setup (NEED)

If you see a NEED and know how to do it, let us know and we can get started
on it.

Troy

[1] - https://git.centos.org/centos/board/issue/87
[2] - https://pagure.io/group/centos-sig-alt-images