[CentOS-devel] Alternative Images SIG kickoff

Wed Nov 2 00:15:40 UTC 2022
Neal Gompa <ngompa13 at gmail.com>

On Tue, Nov 1, 2022 at 5:18 PM Troy Dawson <tdawson at redhat.com> wrote:

> The CentOS Alternative Images SIG is finally official.[1]  Time to get things rolling.
> I have setup an IRC channel #centos-alt-images and a pagure group[2], along with a sig repo[3] to track issues and documentation.
>
> I have requested a weekly meeting[4], Tuesdays at 1600 UTC on #centos-meeting.
> It is currently weekly, but as things get setup we'll slow that down to bi-weekly and possibly monthly.  We can also work on a better time, but for now, that's what we have.
>
> Everybody is welcome to join and contribute to the SIG. The current set of members is:
> * Troy Dawson
> * Neal Gompa
> * Robby Callicotte
> * Brian Stinson
> * Ondřej Budai
> * Davida Cavalca
> *Ali Erdinc Koroglu
>
> Roadmap and (Action) TODO List
> * SIG Setup
> ** Officially become a SIG (DONE)
> ** Determine when our meetings will be (DONE FOR NOW)
> *** Get them on the calendar (IN PROGRESS)
> ** Basic SIG Infrastructure setup
> *** IRC channel created (DONE)
> *** Git repo created (DONE)
>
> * Documentation Created
> ** Basic SIG documentation (STARTED)
> *** Configuration for creating images (NEED)
> *** Instructions for creating images (NEED)
> ** Configuration templates for members / potential members (NEED)
> ** Instructions for end users
> *** Where to get the images (NEED)
> *** How to use the images (NEED)
>
> * Infrastructure Setup
> * Install Imagebuilding setup in CentOS Stream and/or Fedora (NEED)
> * Live Image building setup in CentOS Stream and/or Fedora (NEED)
> * Images to Mirrors setup (NEED)

As part of existing Hyperscale work, I'm working with Tomas Kopecek
and Fabian Arrotin to get kiwi going in Koji for building images in
CBS: https://pagure.io/centos-infra/issue/696

I'm hoping this will get into a good place and be rolled out soon. :)