[CentOS-devel] Alternative Images SIG kickoff

Wed Nov 2 14:47:56 UTC 2022
Shaun McCance <shaunm at redhat.com>

On Tue, 2022-11-01 at 14:18 -0700, Troy Dawson wrote:
> The CentOS Alternative Images SIG is finally official.[1]  Time to
> get things rolling.
> I have setup an IRC channel #centos-alt-images and a pagure group[2],
> along with a sig repo[3] to track issues and documentation.
>
> I have requested a weekly meeting[4], Tuesdays at 1600 UTC on
> #centos-meeting.
> It is currently weekly, but as things get setup we'll slow that down
> to bi-weekly and possibly monthly.  We can also work on a better
> time, but for now, that's what we have.
>
> Everybody is welcome to join and contribute to the SIG. The current
> set of members is:
> * Troy Dawson
> * Neal Gompa
> * Robby Callicotte
> * Brian Stinson
> * Ondřej Budai
> * Davida Cavalca
> *Ali Erdinc Koroglu
>
> Roadmap and (Action) TODO List
> * SIG Setup
> ** Officially become a SIG (DONE)
> ** Determine when our meetings will be (DONE FOR NOW)
> *** Get them on the calendar (IN PROGRESS)
> ** Basic SIG Infrastructure setup
> *** IRC channel created (DONE)
> *** Git repo created (DONE)

This is awesome. Can I add one thing to your TODO list? Create a wiki
page and add it here:

https://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup/

There's a lot of talk about replacing the wiki and finding a new home
for this info, but for now this is the canonical list of SIGs.

Thanks,
Shaun