[CentOS-devel] Are non-Red Hat folks not allowed to post comments to CS Jira?

Mon Apr 3 15:42:48 UTC 2023
Troy Dawson <tdawson at redhat.com>

On Wed, Mar 29, 2023 at 12:19 PM Miro Hrončok <mhroncok at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hello CentOS folks.
>
> I've been told "I wanted to leave a comment ..., but I apparently don't
> have
> sufficient permissions (it seems to be read only)" about this ticket:
>
> https://issues.redhat.com/browse/CS-1502
>
> Is that by design?

It depends on the ticket.
Currently all of the CS tickets are marked public readable, but not
publicly (non-red hatters) editable by default.
A few have been marked private for various reasons.
As far as I know, none of them have been marked editable by non-red hatters.

This brings up the question of RHEL10 / CentOS Stream 10, and I asked
internally about that.

A page and/or interface should be in place to allow non-Red Hatters to
create issues/tickets like you do in bugzilla.
It won't be the same, they aren't trying to clone the bugzilla new bug
page.  But it shouldn't be more complicated, possibly even easier.
Non Red Hatters should be able to edit those issues/tickets.

It is still in development, so I can't give you any more details than that.

Troy