[CentOS-devel] April board meeting and office hours

Mon Apr 17 17:03:31 UTC 2023
Shaun McCance <shaunm at redhat.com>

The board had its monthly meeting last week. The recording, minutes,
and recap are all available.

Recording:
https://youtu.be/-_A4Qd8tv0E

Minutes:
https://hackmd.io/@centosboard/HyfsgLsZh

Recap:
https://blog.centos.org/2023/04/centos-board-meeting-recap-april-2023/

We'll have the followup office hours this Thursday, April 20, at 14:00
UTC. Everybody is welcome to join and talk to the baord.

https://us06web.zoom.us/j/86542707135?pwd=eHlOQTNCU01vNFk4dm5Hc3NieVdXZz09

Hightlights of the recap:

* The Board discussed the x86 SIG proposal with Florian Weimer.
There's a general agreement that we want the SIG, but some differences
on the scope of work, which affects the name.

* CentOS Linux 7 and CentOS Stream 8 will both reach end of life in
2024. We're working on messaging to ensure everybody has time to
migrate. (Issue 93)

* We discussed the next steps in allowing SIGs to sign test
repositories. (Issue 92)

* We talked about our presence at Red Hat Summit, as well as plans for
events throughout the year.