[CentOS-devel] Platform Tools moving bugs from bugzilla.redhat.com to issues.redhat.com

Wed Aug 23 13:42:16 UTC 2023
Troy Dawson <tdawson at redhat.com>

On Wed, Aug 23, 2023 at 6:29 AM Josh Boyer <jwboyer at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 23, 2023 at 9:27 AM Troy Dawson <tdawson at redhat.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, Aug 23, 2023 at 3:51 AM Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat.com>
> wrote:
> >>
> >> The Red Hat Platform Tools team (who maintain binutils, GCC, gdb, glibc,
> >> systemtap, valgrind, etc.) have begun to move bugs from
> >> bugzilla.redhat.com to issues.redhat.com, to the project called “RHEL”.
> >>
> >> We'd appreciate if future issues discovered in CentOS Stream were filed
> >> there directly.  When filing new issues, please make sure that the
> >> Security Level is set to None, so that others can contribute, and select
> >> “CentOS Stream” under Projects.  Please do not use the public “CS”
> >> project for reporting issues in specific RPM packages because we
> >> (Platform Tools) do not monitor it.  (Compose issues and CentOS Stream
> >> issues should still be reported in “CS”.)
> >>

> > I am trying this with my personal account.
> > If I go to projects and search for CentOS, I ONLY get "CS", and it's not
> called CS it's called "CentOS Stream".
> > The only indication I get that it is "CentOS Stream (CS)" is when I look
> at the Key.
> >
> > Please, let us know how to REALLY get to your project on Jira.
>
> https://github.com/CentOS/docs-contributors-guide/pull/19
>
> https://issues.redhat.com/projects/RHEL

So, we don't search for "CentOS Stream" we are supposed to search for
"RHEL"?

I'm sorry, I'm not meaning to be a pain.
This is the first group that has moved things from bugzilla to Jira, and
thus the first instructions.
I'm trying to look at this from someone who logs into Jira for the first
time, with no bookmarks and/or pre-defined looks.

If I want to create a bug (or defect), or search for a defect on binutils,
how do I do it?
What Fabian said above, does not work for someone new to Jira.