[CentOS-devel] Alternative Images SIG meeting notes

Thu Feb 23 20:01:57 UTC 2023
Troy Dawson <tdawson at redhat.com>

* Image build systems: kiwi / livecd
  * Tags and targets are now in CBS.  We are now able to build images
    * Thanks to all those that did that work

  * We are not able to publish to the mirrors yet
    * https://pagure.io/centos-infra/issue/1039

  * !! Help is needed creating rpm-ostree stuff in kiwi !!
    * https://github.com/OSInside/kiwi/issues/38

  * kiwi can currently create the following images:
live media, OEM disk images, VM disk images, cloud images, container
images, WSL images, fstrees, squashfs images, filesystem tarballs,
liveinstall ISOs, PXE images, UEFI netboot images

* Image build systems: containers
  * The SIG would like to build containers in kiwi, so that it is build on
CBS instead of elsewhere.

People Present (lines said)
* tdawson (47)
* Eighth_Doctor (34)