[CentOS-devel] RFC (Request for Comments) : future of wiki.centos.org

Tue Feb 28 15:17:32 UTC 2023
Shaun McCance <shaunm at redhat.com>

On Mon, 2023-02-27 at 08:32 -0800, Troy Dawson wrote:

> Speaks a someone who recently started a SIG, it's confusing having
> half the documentation in a wiki
> https://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup
> https://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup/AltImages
>
> and half the documentation in a different place
> https://sigs.centos.org/
> https://sigs.centos.org/altimages/
>
> I've had a really hard time with my documentation because each time I
> talk to someone they point to a different place, and I have to
> literally duplicate what I did in two different places.
> My vote.  Drop the wiki entirely in a controlled manner.

This definitely came up in our conversations. I have a data file that I
use to keep track of SIGs. What I'd like to do is populate
sigs.centos.org with info about every SIG from that data file. That
ensures consistency, and it's easy to audit and keep up to date. Any
further info SIGs want to provide should be done with the mkdocs
approach currently in use on sigs.centos.org.

--
Shaun