[CentOS-devel] RFC (Request for Comments) : future of wiki.centos.org

Tue Feb 28 16:01:11 UTC 2023
Ewoud Kohl van Wijngaarden <ewoud+centos at kohlvanwijngaarden.nl>

On Tue, Feb 28, 2023 at 10:27:57AM -0500, Mauricio Tavares wrote:
>On Mon, Feb 27, 2023 at 3:29 AM Sandro Bonazzola <sbonazzo at redhat.com> wrote:
>>
>> At the oVirt project we used to have a moinmo.in based website and we migrated it to https://jekyllrb.com/ .
>> The pages can be written in markdown or asciidoc and the site is maintained in a git repository so it can be on pagure/gitlab/github as preferred by CentOS Project.
>>
>      Github supports jekyll-based sites and wikis, and both can take
>the usual github pushes and gets and forks. Only difference is when
>you push a jekyll change it automagically tests it before committing
>to the site.
>
>Also, you can test the jekyll site locally in your computer.
>
>If the SIGs are already using jekyll, we can just get their templates,
>wash them, and use them.

GitHub supports anything you want if you use GitHub Actions. For
example, I've used mkdocs together with actions/deploy-pages[1]. It says
it's a public beta, but in my experience it's very stable.

[1]: https://github.com/actions/deploy-pages