[CentOS-devel] RFC (Request for Comments) : future of wiki.centos.org

Tue Feb 28 15:27:57 UTC 2023
Mauricio Tavares <raubvogel at gmail.com>

On Mon, Feb 27, 2023 at 3:29 AM Sandro Bonazzola <sbonazzo at redhat.com> wrote:

> At the oVirt project we used to have a moinmo.in based website and we migrated it to https://jekyllrb.com/ .
> The pages can be written in markdown or asciidoc and the site is maintained in a git repository so it can be on pagure/gitlab/github as preferred by CentOS Project.

      Github supports jekyll-based sites and wikis, and both can take
the usual github pushes and gets and forks. Only difference is when
you push a jekyll change it automagically tests it before committing
to the site.

Also, you can test the jekyll site locally in your computer.

If the SIGs are already using jekyll, we can just get their templates,
wash them, and use them.