[CentOS-devel] [infra] : Planned outage : RDU2 network maintenance (please read)

Sat Jan 28 09:41:30 UTC 2023
Fabian Arrotin <arrfab at centos.org>

Due to a mandatory network maintenance at the RDU2 (Community Cage)
facility/DC, we'll have to power off some CentOS infrastructure
components hosted in that DC.

Impacted services:
- https://cbs.centos.org (impossible to submit any build, nor push to
delivery network)
- https://bugs.centos.org
- ns1.centos.org
- https://wiki.centos.org
- all centos linux / stream 8 / stream 9 release engineering workflow
(stream 9 can be built but not pushed out, while for the rest, all will
be down)
- https://git.centos.org
- CI infra:
   - while openshift in aws is self-contained, there will be no way to
request duffy nodes for tests
   - tenants still on legacy openshift (hosted in that DC) will see the
whole cluster being powered down (because of Persistent Volumes hosted
in a NFS server that itself will be unavailable)
- various other services

Migration is scheduled for """"Tuesday January 31th, 1:00 pm UTC time"""".
You can convert to local time with $(date -d '2023-01-31 13:00 UTC')

The scheduled maintenance window (communicated to us)  is estimated to
4h, but we'll restart infra services as soon as possible, following
ourselves the current status internally.

Thanks for your understanding and patience.

on behalf of the Infra team,
--
Fabian Arrotin
gpg key: 17F3B7A1 | @arrfab[@fosstodon.org]