[CentOS-devel] [centos-devel] [infra] : Planned outage : RDU2 network maintenance (please read)

Tue Jan 31 16:12:29 UTC 2023
Fabian Arrotin <arrfab at centos.org>

On 28/01/2023 10:41, Fabian Arrotin wrote:
> Due to a mandatory network maintenance at the RDU2 (Community Cage)
> facility/DC, we'll have to power off some CentOS infrastructure
> components hosted in that DC.
>
> Impacted services:
> - https://cbs.centos.org (impossible to submit any build, nor push to
> delivery network)
> - https://bugs.centos.org
> - ns1.centos.org
> - https://wiki.centos.org
> - all centos linux / stream 8 / stream 9 release engineering workflow
> (stream 9 can be built but not pushed out, while for the rest, all will
> be down)
> - https://git.centos.org
> - CI infra:
>    - while openshift in aws is self-contained, there will be no way to
> request duffy nodes for tests
>    - tenants still on legacy openshift (hosted in that DC) will see the
> whole cluster being powered down (because of Persistent Volumes hosted
> in a NFS server that itself will be unavailable)
> - various other services
>
> Migration is scheduled for """"Tuesday January 31th, 1:00 pm UTC time"""".
> You can convert to local time with $(date -d '2023-01-31 13:00 UTC')
>
> The scheduled maintenance window (communicated to us)  is estimated to
> 4h, but we'll restart infra services as soon as possible, following
> ourselves the current status internally.
>
> Thanks for your understanding and patience.
>
> on behalf of the Infra team,

Maintenance is now done and we got confirmation that we could restart
all our services.
They are operating now normally.

Thanks for your understanding and patience.

--
Fabian Arrotin
gpg key: 17F3B7A1 | @arrfab[@fosstodon.org]