[CentOS-devel] ISA SIG rebuild status

Wed Jun 28 15:08:50 UTC 2023
Ali Erdinc Koroglu <aekoroglu at linux.intel.com>

On 28/06/2023 17:17, Dan Horák wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Jun 2023 16:39:14 +0300
> Ali Erdinc Koroglu <aekoroglu at linux.intel.com> wrote:
>
>> Since we're build x86-64-v3, can we consider to add AVX2 deflate optimization for Zlib?
>> Thanks to all for your hard work and efforts
>
> wouldn't it be better to focus on the zlib-ng project to be able to
> provide hw optimized/accelerated zlib functions?

I'm gonna submit a change proposal to replace zlib to zlib-ng for F41 or F42 but I don't think that even CentOS Stream 11 or RHEL11 can use that.
So what I'm offering is since we did not brake any API/ABI in Zlib, AVX2 deflate optimization applicable for CentOS ISA SIG x86-64-v3

--
Ali Erdinc Koroglu
Intel, SSE | Linux OS Systems Engineering