[CentOS-devel] March board meeting and office hours

Thu Mar 9 23:45:16 UTC 2023
Shaun McCance <shaunm at redhat.com>

We've published the video of Wednesday's board meeting.

Recording:
https://youtu.be/VQ1Zc8D-xh4

Minutes:
https://hackmd.io/JU0brnwQQcy0lfmoviA1FA

Recap:
https://blog.centos.org/2023/03/centos-board-meeting-recap-march-2023/

We'll have a followup board office hours next Thursday, March 16, at
14:00 UTC. (Note that this might be a different local time for you than
last time. We have followed US DST.)

https://us06web.zoom.us/j/85797326320?pwd=ang0SjlxRlRYTlRGRlFSUXJzZGNUZz09

Highlights of the recap:

* Christian Glombek presented about CentOS Stream CoreOS & OKD Streams.
This is a condensed version of the talk he gave at CentOS Connect. We
unfortunately don't have a recording of that talk because of technical
issues, so this is your chance to see it.

* We discussed the x86 SIG proposal. This conversation is ongoing.

* Issue 92: We discussed signing testing repositories

* We gave a recap of the work to migrate content off the wiki. See the
post on centos-promo.

* Issue 93: We talked about the announcement around the EOL/EOB for
CentOS Stream 8 and CentOS Linux 7 in 2024. Pat has written a post, and
Shaun is working on how to display notices.

* We talked about events. We would like to find a home event for a
North America West CentOS Connect to join our European event at FOSDEM
and our US East event at DevConf.US. We also talked about how to do
virtual events, and giving them their own identity distinct from the
in-person CentOS Connect.

* We talked about doing a survey around CentOS awareness and sentiment.