[CentOS-devel] RFC (Request for Comments) : future offorums.centos.org

Thu Mar 9 23:00:27 UTC 2023
Mauricio Tavares <raubvogel at gmail.com>

On Thu, Mar 9, 2023 at 5:22 PM Colin Walters <walters at verbum.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 27, 2023, at 3:19 AM, Fabian Arrotin wrote:
> > Let's chat about forums.centos.org !
> >
> > IMHO, that service can be easily moved to a newer OS/PHP stack and so
> > continue to run. But on the other hand, I heard rumors that some forums
> > moderators would like to stop maintaining/moderating it after 2024.
> >
> > I also heard that there is now a centos category on fedora discourse
> > (https://discussion.fedoraproject.org/c/centos/71)
> >
> > So while we (centos infra) can easily migrate that server, should we ?
>
> I think discourse is great and would be happy to have things there.

      The fact that discourse decreed I must want to have one account
shared with all the discourses I belong to because I use the same
email as login caused me to not be on it as often as they would like.
I mean, even slack would allow me to have different accounts in
different slacks with the name email but distinct passwords.