[CentOS-devel] RFC (Request for Comments) : future offorums.centos.org

Fri Mar 10 15:26:57 UTC 2023
Justin W. Flory (he/him) <jwf at redhat.com>

Hi Mauricio,

On Fri, Mar 10, 2023 at 12:00 AM Mauricio Tavares <raubvogel at gmail.com>
wrote:

>       The fact that discourse decreed I must want to have one account
> shared with all the discourses I belong to because I use the same
> email as login caused me to not be on it as often as they would like.
> I mean, even slack would allow me to have different accounts in
> different slacks with the name email but distinct passwords.

I'm not sure about other Discourse sites. Fedora Discussion is hooked up to
the Fedora Account System (FAS), which as far as I know is also used by
CentOS contributors. So you can use your same Fedora/CentOS account to
access the Fedora Discussion site without making another account.

Additionally, if you want your FAS email to be one email address but to get
Discourse emails sent to a different email address, you can add an
additional email addresses and use the preferred one for notification
emails, even if it is different from your FAS email address.

--
*Cheers*,
*Justin W. Flory* (*he/him*) || 📧 jwf at redhat.com || 🔗 jwf.io

While I may be sending this email outside my normal office hours, I have no
expectation to receive a reply outside yours.