[CentOS-devel] RFC (Request for Comments) : future of lists.centos.org (aka centos mailing-lists)

Thu May 11 13:58:59 UTC 2023
Josh Boyer <jwboyer at redhat.com>

On Thu, May 11, 2023 at 9:42 AM Trevor Hemsley
<trevor.hemsley at ntlworld.com> wrote:

> On 11/05/2023 13:35, Josh Boyer wrote:
> > Fedora has a Discourse instance and we've had some CentOS topics
> > there.  The CentOS lists are pretty low-traffic.  Perhaps we can just
> > migrate to Discourse and not have to run our own mailman instances and
> > servers?
>
> Discourse is [expleteive deleted] horrible. Please don't.

Can you describe what value the existing mailing list has for you and
why Discourse wouldn't provide that?

I'm looking at how frequently most users post and it seems to be
relatively low volume.  Maybe just setting Discourse options to email
you would cover the read-only nature most people seem to have with the
lists?

josh