[CentOS-devel] Feedback on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 10 plans

Mon Jan 8 18:05:51 UTC 2024
Fred <fred.fredex at gmail.com>

unless I misunderstand something (which is entirely possible), the Suse
"solution" is only a partial solution... they will compile shared objects
for each of the instruction set possibilities and load the one that is
applicable on the current machine.

but doesn't that mean that all the base apps need to be compiled for the
lowest common denominator? In the examples people (in this thread) are
worrying about, that would be "v2".

Fred