[CentOS-docs] Re: [CentOS] apt-cacher for CentOS

Thu Oct 11 10:34:45 UTC 2007
Dag Wieers <dag at centos.org>

On Thu, 11 Oct 2007, Morten Torstensen wrote:

> James A. Peltier wrote:
> > If there isn't an equivalent, would someone please point me in the direction
> > of how I might accomplish this with CentOS?
>
> The Upstream have a Satellite program that provides local copies for their
> distribution/management network. Don't know if that is something that could be
> re-packaged?

I think as part of CentOS we should have a wiki page that provides a few
of the already discussed solutions. RHN Proxy or RHN Satellite are at this
moment not Open Source and cannot be packaged.

Is anyone interested in writing this content and maintaining it in the
CentOS wiki ? I am very interested to contribute to it myself, but have
other responsibilities already.