[CentOS-docs] To do List

John jses27 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 6 06:57:31 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-04-05 at 17:41 -0700, Akemi Yagi wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 5, 2008 at 5:28 PM, Ned Slider <nedslider at f2s.com> wrote:
> > Akemi Yagi wrote:

> >  An outline before we start might be useful. There appears to be 3 methods:
> >
> >  1. Install direct from nvidia
> >  2. Install from RPMForge - dkms/nvidia rpm
> >  3. Install from ATrpms
>
> > > And it would be great if someone can write about the kmdl method
> > > offered by ATrpms.  In some situations it is a better choice than the
> > > dkms.
> > >
> >  Sorry, I'm not familiar with that so it won't be me :)
>
> If no one can write, I would try though I have used it only once...

*Grins*,  Akemi

ATRpms.net.

To get a some sense of this mess one would have to;
For 32bit Install 1. and 3.. For 64bit install 1. and 2.. This is
what you were referring to correct? That you say you installed once?
I am just referring to the Legacy Graphic Cards for instance, to get
some idea from you about what you are talking about.

http://atrpms.net/name/nvidia-graphics-legacy-71xx/

1.http://atrpms.net/dist/el5/nvidia-graphics-legacy-71xx/nvidia-graphics71.86.04-71.86.04-93.el5.i386.rpm.html
2.http://atrpms.net/dist/el5/nvidia-graphics-legacy-71xx/nvidia-graphics71.86.04-kmdl-2.6.18-53.1.14.el5.centos.plus-71.86.04-93.el5.x86_64.rpm.html
3.http://dl.atrpms.net/all/nvidia-graphics71.86.04-kmdl-2.6.18-53.1.14.el5-71.86.04-93.el5.i686.rpm

I did notice while I was browsing the site it seems that the
the signed packages are expired. The package signature expired
in December of 2007. I'm pickey...
Signature:DSA/SHA1, Tue Feb 5 08:19:51 2008 ([expires: 2007-12-31])
There is also no yum repo configuration for RHEL 4 or 5, or for
CentOS for that matter. So give me some more insight on this way
of the driver install from ATrpms. Like how you would direct the user
getting the appropiate files for the graphics cards.

> Akemi
~/john

OpenPGP Sig:BA91F079