[CentOS-docs] Visualization and desktop page

Max Hetrick

maxhetrick at verizon.net
Thu Dec 11 00:58:43 UTC 2008

John wrote:

> Hi Max maybe something along the line that Looks like Windows Vista
> Gadgets? I get asked alot but I've never looked into it though. Maybe
> there is something already like that? Things kinda like installing
> Google Earth? Your wantting that Windows Look and Feel?

I guess you could compare it to that, although, I'm not sure I'd use
Windows or Vista as the comparison. ;) I'd say more like a Mac desktop
look...at least there's a mention of Unix with mac. :)

But yes, anything visual like gadgets, system monitors on the desktop
and taskbar, transparency with taskbars, etc. This could all be grouped
under a page for such things.

I'm sure I'm not the only one that would have things to compile into a
help page, but again, it could be considered extremely off topic and off
target for the CentOS wiki.

Regards,
Max