[CentOS-docs] modern-CentOS-1.7-29

Mats Karlsson mats.o.karlsson at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 20:08:54 UTC 2008

Alain Reguera Delgado wrote:
> On 1/14/08, Mats Karlsson <mats.o.karlsson at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Some thoughts:
>> 1. Should the squares on the border have a different size compared to
>> the "High contrast Message" or should it be the same size?

Here you can see that the squares has a different size on the border (1)
and the background (2) or is it an optical illusion?

>> 2. Shouldn't there be squares in the background on the "Low contrast
>> Message" also, or do they become invisible then?

Nice and I like the new Medium choice, I hope thats a permanent one or
was it just to visualize the "Light" version.

>> 3. "High contrast Message", what about adding a lighter color "messages
>> left border" as a mirroring of the "Low contrast Message" design?

I did a cut and past to visualize what I mean, its a rude cut. I think
you get the idea of what I mean with a "mirrored" design compared to the
lighter backgrounds that has a discrete left border, so my thought was
to have a light left border on the darker backgrounds. Im not shure if
this is a good idea ;-)

> Hi Mats, your thoughts were included in 1.7-30. Could you check it
> please, to make sure they were correctly interpreted.

See comments above.

And a new thought is to use the irregular square design from the top
banner (3) to the background on the "message styles", that will give a
more lively impression and less squarish... or what do you think?

(3) http://wiki.centos.org/wiki/modern-CentOS/img/moin-header-background.png

> Relevant Changes:
> 1.7-30
> ======
>   - Add Medium contrast Message style. The wiki syntax is:
>   	||<id="mmimg" :^> attachment: ||||<id="mmtxt" (^> Text ... ||
> 	it also support the following clases:
> 	* class="orange"
> 	* class="red"
> 	* class="blue"
> 	* class="green"
> 	* class="violet"
> 	To use a class (i.e class="blue") we can use the following line:
> 	||<id="mmimg" class="blue" :^> attachment: ||||<id="mmtxt"
> class="blue" (^> Text ...||
> 	If no class is used, then gray color is used.
>   - Squares in the messages background were a bit reduced.
>   - Add background to low and medium contrast messages to reflect
>     semitransparent squares.
> Screenshots:
> http://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork/Wiki?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=modern-CentOS-1.7-30.png
> http://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork/Wiki?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=modern-CentOS-1.7-30-1.png
> http://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork/Wiki?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=modern-CentOS-1.7-30-2.png
> http://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork/Wiki?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=modern-CentOS-1.7-30-3.png
> Theme:
> http://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork/Wiki?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=modern-CentOS-1.7-30.tar.gz
> ---
> What do you think now ?
> Note: I don't know if the word Medium/Middle is correctly used here.
> Cheers,
> al

Kind regards