[CentOS-docs] Create page about rebuilding SRPMS and preparing RPM environment

Ralph Angenendt ra+centos at br-online.de
Fri Jul 11 15:18:31 UTC 2008

R P Herrold wrote:
> I guess the question in my mind becomes multiplication and maintenance.

Well, the existing pages have rather short snippets on that issue. If
there were to be pages which explain the issues at hand in a more
verbose way, then one can edit out the snippets and link to the more
verbose pages. I think that this is a good idea to avoid multiplication.

> How is it a win to add yet more pages, rather than extend the existing
> one; the whole topic of packag building -- as root, as an end user, in a
> chroot, in a chroot with defined base packages, using one of the several
> tools from mach, on ... ?

I think that extending stuff into own articles is a great way to reach
the goal you showed in your last sentence ...

IMHO at least.

Cheers,

Ralph