[CentOS-docs] Re: Create page about rebuilding SRPMS and preparing RPM environment

Fri Jul 18 20:44:43 UTC 2008
Marcus Moeller <mm at gcug.de>

Dear Filipe.

> Anyway, building RPMs is something I learned the hard way because
> there is no one-stop easily-understandable comprehensive but
> howto-like document, and that is what I was trying to address. But
> it's your decision as to if the idea of creating this on CentOS wiki
> has merits or not.

I would personally welcome such a Documentation (if it's maintained,
of course) as I agree with you if you are saying that there is no
howto available covering nearly all aspects of the RPM build process.

Also you might link to some external pages like the RPM guidelines.

Best Regards
Marcus