[CentOS-docs] nspluginwrapper

Fri Jun 27 11:43:14 UTC 2008
Scott Robbins <scottro at nyc.rr.com>

As the subject of nspluginwrapper came up recently, it might
be worth mentioning that it's not properly documented.

The README seems to be the official nspluginwrapper README, which, oddly
enough, states that it's used with the command

nspluginwrapper

However, RedHat based systems seem to all use mozilla-config-plugin.
(I'm not sure about other distributions--FreeBSD uses the more intuitive
command nspluginwrapper and gives a message about its usage upon
installation.)

The only way I discovered this was by googling and coming across the
unofficial Fedora FAQ.  I don't know if it merits a wiki entry, but
perhaps either a README.RedHat or even a small FAQ entry might be
useful.  It would just require a couple of lines, to the effect of

"Note that the command to run nspluginwrapper is

mozilla-config-plugins.

Running mozilla-config-plugins --help will show the available options."

It may be documented elsewhere, but it's not easy to find.  At least, I
didn't find it in the wiki or FAQ.  The Japanese page which does come up
in a wiki search only mentions it as a package, with no indications
about its use.  (My Japanese reading is weak, but even someone who can't
read it at all will see that it's only mentioned once in a list of
packages.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Xander: You're considered somewhat cool.
Oz: I am?
Xander: Is it because you always tend to express yourself in
short, non-commital sentences?
Oz: Could be.