[CentOS-docs] FAQs

Dag Wieers dag at centos.org
Sun May 18 19:18:01 UTC 2008

On Sat, 17 May 2008, Ned Slider wrote:

> Karanbir Singh wrote:
>
>> Ned Slider wrote:
>>> Presumably it would be preferable if there was just one, and as the main
>>> site FAQs seem old, plus Akemi and I both have edit rights to the Wiki, we
>>> would propose to add missing content contained in the main site FAQs onto
>>> the Wiki page as necessary making this the most complete FAQ repository.
>>
>> Sounds like a good idea. Perhaps an expansion of the GettingHelp wiki page
>> is called for - and overdue. So a general 'ask a sensible question, get a
>> sensible reply' document would be very cool to have.
>>
>> Thanks for taking this effort up.
>
> Good idea - I was trying to think where that content would logically sit on
> the Wiki.

Hey Ned,

I proposed to reorganise the FAQ as well before. Merging the website with
the wiki FAQ is very important.

http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-docs/2008-March/001097.html
http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-docs/2008-March/001098.html

The thread already discusses some ideas, but we never got to it. I am
happy to assist with answering some of those questions.

In general I think answers should be as short as possible, sometimes
requiring to split a question in multiple questions.