[CentOS-docs] FAQs

Ned Slider ned at unixmail.co.uk
Sun May 18 19:46:18 UTC 2008

Dag Wieers wrote:

> Hey Ned,

Hi Dag,

> I proposed to reorganise the FAQ as well before. Merging the website
> with the wiki FAQ is very important.

That was my primary concern here. We were doing some work over on the
forums and felt it confusing having two separate FAQs.

> http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-docs/2008-March/001097.html
> http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-docs/2008-March/001098.html

Thanks for the references.

> The thread already discusses some ideas, but we never got to it. I am
> happy to assist with answering some of those questions.
>
> In general I think answers should be as short as possible, sometimes
> requiring to split a question in multiple questions.

...or link to Tips$Tricks or HowTo pages if they have been covered in
more detail there.

I'm happy to partake in a cut and paste exercise to get missing content
from the main site FAQs onto the Wiki FAQs. Once we have a unified
repository, maybe then we can look at any necessary restructuring.

I just didn't want to go ahead without discussing it here first, not
being overly familiar with the history and/or future plans :)