[CentOS-docs] Article for wiki consideration

Daniel de Kok

me at danieldk.org
Wed May 28 19:53:07 UTC 2008

On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 4:49 PM, Scott Robbins <scottro at nyc.rr.com> wrote:
> As I mentioned, I would begin the article with something similar to the
> beginning of the custom kernel article, with dire warnings.  However, if
> you and/or the other powers that be feel it is almost advocating
> something that has risks, I certainly understand that.

Well, if there is a lot of interest in having container-type of
virtualization. It might be interesting to see which of the various
alternatives (linux-vserver or openvz) looks best, and see if we can
provide it through e.g. the plus repository.

Of course, this would require a volunteer who is willing to maintain
such a set of patches against the kernel. But if someone is willing to
do this, it can profit from CentOS quality assurance, and guarantee
good compatibility with CentOS.

Take care,
Daniel