[CentOS-docs] What's an Enterprise class OS

Akemi Yagi

amyagi at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 23:09:23 UTC 2008

On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 1:40 PM, Ned Slider <ned at unixmail.co.uk> wrote:

>  it's just that
> IMHO the whole site looks dated and to an extent unmaintained.

IMVHO (in my very honest opinion), the web site *is* dated.  As we
have seen more than a few times in this thread and other places, this
is because only a small number of devs can edit the web site and those
are the ones who are always extremely busy and cannot give higher
priorities to this task.

The following options come to my mind as possible ways to handle the
situation like that:

(1) Move as much stuff out of the web site as we can to the areas
where CentOS contributors have edit access.  This is basically what
Ned was proposing.

(2) Find (a) community member(s) who can be trusted as (a) web
maintainer(s).  This option can be extended to "finding and recruiting
new CentOS team members/developers".

(3) Do nothing.  Maintaining the web site is not important.

I'm sure no one would agree (3) is a solution.  But if we do not come
up with viable solutions and start actively working on it, we would
end up with (3).

Akemi