[CentOS-docs] What's an Enterprise class OS

Karanbir Singh

mail-lists at karan.org
Tue Nov 11 01:01:13 UTC 2008

Akemi Yagi wrote:
> IMVHO (in my very honest opinion), the web site *is* dated.  As we
> have seen more than a few times in this thread and other places, this
> is because only a small number of devs can edit the web site and those
> are the ones who are always extremely busy and cannot give higher
> priorities to this task.

Dont think I've actually seen a single request from anyone for wider
edit rights on the website, where should I have been looking ?

> The following options come to my mind as possible ways to handle the
> situation like that:
>
> (1) Move as much stuff out of the web site as we can to the areas
> where CentOS contributors have edit access.  This is basically what
> Ned was proposing.

that does not fix anything. the wiki is not in a state where we could
move most of the content to, so we need a replacement website. And if we
are going to do a website - we might as well think it through and get it
mostly right. We dont need to be perfect with everything, but trying
never hurt.

> (2) Find (a) community member(s) who can be trusted as (a) web
> maintainer(s).  This option can be extended to "finding and recruiting
> new CentOS team members/developers".
> (3) Do nothing.  Maintaining the web site is not important.
>
> I'm sure no one would agree (3) is a solution.  But if we do not come
> up with viable solutions and start actively working on it, we would
> end up with (3).

Isnt (2.9) where we are now ?