[CentOS-docs] CentOS wiki/web changes

Dag Wieers

dag at centos.org
Wed Sep 17 17:36:10 UTC 2008

On Wed, 17 Sep 2008, Karanbir Singh wrote:

>> >  ok, so no analytics were used.
>>
>>  Don't give me that shit. This is dishonest. There is little to no content
>>  on the website that could not be transfered to the Wiki.
>
> A simple question was asked, and you were unable to answer it so you prefer
> to resort to lowly offensive words to try and cover the fact that you really
> might be quite wrong.
>
> Not what I expected from you Dag.

Ok, let's turn back to the small piece of information that started the
above nonsense that is pissing me off the complete afternoon:

---
>> Right, we could discuss what news-item to put on the frontpage, but I
>> think it is important to also put highlights on the wiki simply because
>> nobody ever visits both.
>
> I'd like to see what analytics were used in reaching that decision.
---

You know I have no access to information to analyse (unlike you). I never
said I did. I don't see why you are stretching this out of proportion
though.

I am getting tired of meta-discussions and not getting any answers
whatsoever. You know I send this first to the internal list and the only
reply I got was to send it to centos-docs. Which I did today.

After I did, I get no answers at all only the above thread that does not
explain anything at all.

Same problem with the PPC status information, the CentOS Ltd., the
financial status, everything is happening in secrecy and if I try to dig a
bit deeper I am met with negativity, I get questioned or even paranoia
(no, Fabian has nothing to do with this either!).

A little transparancy would do the project good.

I am getting so tired of this that I don't know why I even bother on a
sick day. In other words you can count me out.