[CentOS-docs] Re: centos-intro

Tue Sep 16 20:38:01 UTC 2008
Alain Reguera Delgado <alain.reguera at gmail.com>

On 9/16/08, Marcus Moeller <mm at gcug.de> wrote:
> Dear David.
>> I'd like to have centos-intro for the first, I mean
>> http://dag.wieers.com/blog/files/centos-intro-1.4-en.png I think it
>> should be available in every language we provide. That's why I was
>> talking about ArtWork SIG. I guess we could include it into "build"
>> package (http://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork/BuildingEnvironment), so it
>> generates automatically as the other ones... Finally we can go for the
>> whole presentation.
>
> Do you think the timeline could be generated dynamically from svn
> based on the current date?

Maybe we could create the timeline boxes and modify its x width based
on the substitutions commands available in its related sed file.
Working with the same units to keep the year relation, and defining
some coordinate values as reference for them.

Maybe the bash's date command could be used to automate some things.
Also the basic bash arithmetic could be used. If we reach that, it
could be included in
http://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork/BuildingEnvironment, for all languages
available.

Surely there are other ways (I would like to hear) ... these are just
some initial thoughts.

Do you know if there is some place where the timeline growth be
described in details ?

Cheers,
al.